First you should submit a booking through the tour page of your desired tour. Once we have received your booking, we will then contact all accommodation providers to check availability on the dates you’ve chosen. If any hotels are fully booked we’ll contact you to discuss alternatives.

Once we have booked all of your services we will send you a confirmation and invoice. You will pay a 20% deposit at this stage and the remaining 80% a month before your departure date. If you have chosen to pay by credit card then the 20% will be charged to your card at this point. Your card will not be charged until we have confirmed availability for your chosen dates. In the unlikely event that we cannot confirm your booking (usually due to accommodation availability issues), no charge will be made to your card. You can also pay by direct bank transfer, in which case you simply wait for us to send you an invoice before making payment.



Once we have confirmed availability on your chosen dates, we will send you an invoice along with a summary of services booked for you. At this stage you should go ahead and book your flights / train tickets and start looking forward to your holiday. Your booking is now binding and if you have opted to pay by credit card, the 20% deposit will be charged at this point.

The minimum booking time required is 3 weeks in advance of your tour start date. However, as the accommodation options are limited on many routes, it is advisable to book 6 weeks or more in advance. For very popular routes, such as the Tour du Mont Blanc and Hiking in the Elbe Sandstone Mountains, booking at short notice is extremely difficult. We therefore recommend booking as far in advance as possible on those routes.

We suggest you book as soon as you decide on your dates. Each trip has busy seasons, and due to remote locations, accommodations can get full.